View Single Post
Old 02-01-2018, 05:02 PM   #97
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro, 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
Eh, there's an ass for every seat. Some people enjoy being buried up to their eyeballs in debt or dumping $40k into a $40k car, only to find out the car is still only worth $40k. To each their own.
Well it doesn't matter if you pay $80K for the car or $35K, debt is debt and really has nothing to do with the Z/28 topic. As far as Mods and cars as investments...cars in general are not good investments. The are rapidly depreciating assets. I don't expect any return on any money I put in my cars....gas, tires, turbos, exhaust systems, cold air intakes...you name it, if you spend it on the car you might as well write it off as gone. If you park the car like a museum piece it might be worth something to someone some day. If you drive it, it is going to depreciate...Not a smart investment. I would consider purchasing a fast Z/28 to drive because that is what I like to do with my money.

2013 ZL1 -ADM - 427 LSX 6 bolt, O-ringed block built by LME. Twin PT6466 turbos. RPM custom manual trans, RPS Quad carbon clutch, 9" Hendrix rear diff & axles. ADM/squash fuel system, Ron Davis radiator, Spal fans, AGP air to air, turbo plumbing. LPE oil cooler, rear bushing upgrade, roll bar...etc. rwhp 1400+... 212.5mph, best Texas mile to date.
jessrayo is offline   Reply With Quote