View Single Post
Old 02-01-2018, 05:51 AM   #93
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedonBlackRS View Post
See post 25 on page 2.

1LS V8 around the 1LS V6 1LE pricepoint, but dumb old-school fun rather than track fun.

1LS V8 Z/28 just under the 1SS 1LE pricepoint, but more extreme, yet not quite 5th gen stripped.

This keeps the performance accessible, and broadens the availability of the V8. On top of that, I'd make a V6 1LE package for the 2.0T to really expand the lower end of the range like we keep hearing about on R&T, C&D, MT, etc...

Sorry if I didn't explain this well enough in my original post. We just don't need the Z/28 name on something none of us can afford, just to have bragging rights. Let the ZL1s have the LT5 to keep that market covered. Give the rest of us some affordable performance with an attainable SCCA-dominating Z/28 and redneck-special 1LS V8.
The 1LS trim level is the bargain basement Turbo 4 or V6 model. I'm guessing you mean a 1SS trim level?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
I guess if you want stupid, you just buy stupid.... I'm sorry, but if I'm going to spend almost 90k on a car, I'd hope it could do more than just go fast in a 1/4 mile...

Maybe that's just me, but hey... to each their own... and as to the buy at the dealership bit.... you can buy a ZL1 and add the drag pak at any dealership.... a Demon? Good luck even seeing one, much less finding one..
Exactly! I could drop a $20,000 crate engine into an old rusted out Vega, run 9's and save ~$68k over a Demon. $90k to run a 9 second 1/4 mile and accomplish nothing else? I'll pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
$85k 755hp lt5 Z/28 3700lb drag pack option that does 10.2-10.5 in the 1/4 stock.
No. The Z/28 has always been a track focused (road course) machine.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote