View Single Post
Old 01-31-2018, 07:10 PM   #89
396ssrat

Drives: 66 Chevelle SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
I guess if you want stupid, you just buy stupid.... I'm sorry, but if I'm going to spend almost 90k on a car, I'd hope it could do more than just go fast in a 1/4 mile...

Maybe that's just me, but hey... to each their own... and as to the buy at the dealership bit.... you can buy a ZL1 and add the drag pak at any dealership.... a Demon? Good luck even seeing one, much less finding one..
My buddy owns a Demon, he ran 9.94 @ 136 on dr's
last weekend. Car was 95k out the door. Lotta money, I personally wouldn't buy one as I
m a die hard Chevy guy who appreciates the latest greatest whatever if it performs. I was in the mix back when the very first Z/28 was available. The damned thing was even carbureted so the purists are in trouble because a real Z/28 had carburetor(s). Oh the irony for those who stricly adhere to legacy.
This said, if you want to go on circles and drive a compromise vs a one trick Pony so be it. Perhaps because I'm old I prefer the drag race version of cars. Many of todays drivers view it as boring but that's likely because they have never been in a "quick" drag car. Different strokes for different folks. Hell, at least for today, they don't even make a Z/28.
396ssrat is offline   Reply With Quote