View Single Post
Old 02-19-2021, 02:04 PM   #13
zaimer

Drives: 23 ZL1 6speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
The bigger concern I have seen about the car is that some people think it may just be a reskinned Q60S, which isn't exactly the most sporty chassis.

Not everyone buying the car will know or care about the heritage. Bigger is better marketing-wise.

Besides, it's better for it to be called something different than having the Chevy problem of "which LT-1 are you talking about? The one from the 70s? The Gen II small block? Or the Gen V small block?" And let's not get started on some of the movie franchises, like Rambo...

I previously owned a 350z, a 370z and later a Q60S. I can assure anyone that the Z is not a reskinned Q60. The Q60 was sporty but it is not racecar sporty like the Z cars. To this day, I have yet to find/drive a car that I love as much as the Z.. in terms of handling and being connected as one. I will not discount my SS, because it does come close. Like anything else, the Camaro is better in ways and worse in others. However, I obviously cannot speak on the 400z (which you are referring to). I would be surprised if the 400z doesn't follow suit, in regards to the "sportiness". I've been waiting for the new Z to be released and it will likely be on my radar when it does.

The heritage argument I'm not sure that I can stand behind. The Z is one of those cars that may have a small following/market, but it typically consists of very loyal and passionate fans.
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote