Thread: $20 catch can
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2020, 06:21 AM   #17
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Drives: Black 1SS with 20% tinted windows
To Elite,

Kudos to you for providing the info I asked for. While the other posters have dismissed the clear liquid being collected by your catch can, I can't disregard that fact. That liquid, no doubt, contains impurities that hasn't bonded with the oil. They're still impurities you don't want reaching the valves of your engine. I can't believe that the clear liquid is good for them either. I would venture a guess that it has some type of corrosive properties. Perhaps you can elaborate on this but, based on this information, I can see the case for spending some extra coin on an Elite product. I put my money where my mouth is so, I'll be looking to make a purchase. I'll keep an eye out for a Black Friday or Holidays promo potentially coming up.
2016 Black 1SS w/ MRC, low-gloss black wheels, auto trans. Self-created custom Dark Knight Edition accents. Rotofab CAI with dry filter and sound tube delete, PRAY ported intake manifold and throttle body, Texas Speed cam, Stainless Works headers and exhaust, Skid Mark garage E85 kit, JMS fuel pump voltage booster, Circle D torque converter. Custom E85/mod tune by Jannetty Racing.
Darth Martel is offline   Reply With Quote