View Single Post
Old 10-19-2020, 06:44 PM   #9063
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altered Carbon View Post
That "I want my car looking shiny and there's nothing else to do today" vitamin. Oxygen and adrenaline!

I always go a little over board with cleaning. From Q-tips, toothpicks, cotton balls, tooth brush and duct tape on the inside. Clean the dash, doors, everything plastic, metal and leather, the air vents, clean in, on and around every button, clean and condition all the leather, clean the glove box, inside the center console, scrub the pedals, clean underneath the dash and of course vacuum, a light shampooing and vacuuming again. Headliner and trunk too. I'm sure I'm leaving stuff out. Not that any of it ever actually gets dirty, but I still do the big clean a few times a year.

At 6'3", you are correct. I can't do the backseat. I'm not even going to try! My 5'0" wife handles the backseats and everything else back there.

But mainly, anywhere there is paint, it's the washing, drying, clay barring, polishing with a good buffer, doubling up on sealant, and waxing. Most of that goes for the wheels too. Clean the engine bay, the underside of the car. All that fun stuff.

Then drive it 6 hours later and feel like I mess it all up. But I give it a quick wipe off with a little Sonax or some distilled water in a squirt bottle after a ride and it's all good.

Not sure if we’re talking about the same detailing
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote