View Single Post
Old 01-08-2019, 03:36 PM   #47
12blkgrayRS

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS 2LT 6spd man
On a different note. My 2012 RS V6 was a track beast (pic below), Mike can attest to this. he was there at those track events. It had BMR 3 way adjustable suspension sways, and BMR lowering race (track) springs. Goodrich G-force tires on the 20in OEM RS spokes. Muffler delete, Air intake, Vitesse throttle controller, Stock OEM shock (FE2). We had a race driver at one of our Camaro club event several years ago, and he couldn't upset it even when he hit the apex curbs. It would lap Texas world speedway in the lower 2 min times.
I traded it for the new 6 gens, left it stock. Took it to TWS again where ran more consistant times, only 3 secs quicker than my more modified 5th gen, of course, we know why. But it was phenomenal to just buy a stock car take it to the track to do better than the one I spend thousands on to run on the Road course. Btw, this was also a V6 (auto). the previous car was a manual. The only complaint was that the auto would heat up after the 6th-7th lap and I would have to bring it in.
12blkgrayRS is offline   Reply With Quote