View Single Post
Old 12-08-2020, 09:08 AM   #115
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushin_LT1 View Post
My old '97 was fine in the snow (sub-optimal for sure), drove her 150 miles in a big snowstorm almost 10 yrs ago, took us 6 hrs vs the normal 3 or so, but we optimized the weight (3 of us + full bags in the car).

Never slid off the road or anything, routinely would see 4x4s or Subies passing us, then see them in a ditch later on. This was along the country roads/off-interstate. Slow/steady is the way to go.
Yeah, for sure, the over-confident fools who think that AWD or 4WD gives them super powers, LOL. My other 4-wheeler is a Jeep, so well-suited for winter driving, but I drive it very conservatively in the snow unless I am playing in an empty parking lot or something. Which reminds me, I need to toss the tow strap in the back so I can pull someone out if they get stuck.

And to answer the original question posed in this thread, my Camaro is now parked for the winter. We had some snow and there is salt EVERYWHERE now. If it warms up and we get some rain to wash away the salt, I may take her out for a drive, but otherwise, I am hooking up the CTEK charger and calling the season done.