View Single Post
Old 12-07-2018, 06:20 PM   #9
cmitchell17

Drives: 17 2SS, 8L90, Cam, Heads, E85
How is the differential backlash? The 14 bolt in my Duramax was so bad you could almost count the seconds from when you hit the gas to when it took all the slack up and clunked and the wheels started to move. I guess you would expect a heavy duty rear end to have more backlash than any differential to reduce excess heat while towing. I tried to experiment with my Duramax and my camaro by increasing torque at zero throttle cruise and by increasing rolling idle speed. I was trying to keep positive torque even when off the throttle to try to keep the driveline loaded so you wouldn't have the clunk, slam, and jerk.

Unfortunately like a lot of other stuff, either it didn't work or do as I expected, or the TCM/PCM just ignores those tables or either hptuners/efilive is writing the wrong tables. I swear both of them were almost undriveable to me compared to other cars especially in stop and go traffic while you just get tossed back and forth from just pressing the gas and letting off. Its embarrassing when driving other people around haha. It drives me insane and I can't believe how no one else cares about it.
cmitchell17 is offline   Reply With Quote