View Single Post
Old 02-21-2019, 11:03 AM   #8
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolbreezeNJ View Post
Thanks for the replies. The difference between my Silverado and Camaro seats are night and day and I was assuming same design or manufacturer and maybe it was the alternator that couldn't cut it. Does anybody know the current rating of the 2SS Alternator??

The steering wheel works good, but ( not pun intended) I turn the heater off in the Silverado about at the same time interval as the Camaro starts getting toasty.
I doubt it's the alternator. Actually if you monitor the voltage gauge you will see that the alternator is actually only employed about 60% of the time, the rest of the time the car is running directly off the battery. If they are so powerful as to activate and recharge the battery while they are not being used half the drive, they are definitely pretty stout alternators.

Issue is likely the heated seat mechanism. I use mine too but it's fairly rare that it gets cold enough that I use them. I have no complaints about them so far. In NJ and coming out of a car that had faster heated seats though I can see that being an issue.

I'm guessing you have an M6? I have an A8 and when I leave my car the night before I turn the temperature and fan all the way up just before I turn it off. Then in the morning I remote start it 5 minutes before I leave. When I come out for it, its typically very warm inside.
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote