View Single Post
Old 06-23-2022, 08:13 AM   #3
22SS1LE

Drives: 2022 1SS 1LE 6M
All depends on the type of clay bar you use and lubrication. Claying most of the time will end up leaving some micro marring if its more aggressive or not enough lubrication is used.
It is best to polish after claying to remove the marks unless you are ok with it.
If the paint is smooth to go after you clay it and you fel it looks good to you without the need to polish then give the car another wash to remove any residue and then a IPA/Panel wipe to remove any other oils or contaminants. Then you can either use a sealant or a ceramic coating.
Skip the 845 wax as that is old news and a bit of a PITA to work with. New stuff is so much more durable and gives better protection.
Over the counter great products are Turtle wax Seal n Shine, Griots Garage 3n1 Wax, Nufinish Graphene, Griots Ceramic Speed shine.
These will all be much easier to work with and last alot longer than 845.

Also what brand orange pad? Everyone's color means something different. If that orange is more cutting dont use that and get something that is more of a polishing pad as that is all you will need.
Make sure if you are poishing you have a few pads and to clean the pad with a brush after every panel. If you dont it will just clog up with the clear coat you are removing and be pretty much useless after about 2 panels or so. Always work clean

If you want to go with a ceramic coating it really isnt that much more effort to do than some of these spray sealants. You just need to make sure you do the proper wipe down to remove all the high spots.
I will say if you want the easiest to use and most friendly is Optimum gloss-coat. Its zero VOC so no smells and no headaches, it almost flashes completely off, and very few high spots to level out.
I am going by experience as I have used on my cars
Optimum gloss-coat, Gtechniq EXO, Gtechniq CSL, Carpro Cquartz UK, Gyeon MOHS
Plus the Optimum one you only need a 4-8hr cure time before it gets wet vs 24hr for every other coating.

Oh and you can drive the car right after using ceramic coatings. You just cant get it wet.

https://www.autoality.com/store/pc/O...a-407p8537.htm

pad cleaner
https://www.amazon.com/Adams-Polishe...ps%2C73&sr=8-5

If you need any other info let me know. I have been doing this for about 15years now
8/24. IT HAS ARRIVED at the dealer
8/25- It is in the Garage
ACS ZL1 Sideskirts, 20% tint, CAI Intake
22SS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote