View Single Post
Old 06-17-2022, 03:02 PM   #7
goata8

Drives: 2023 LT1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by laynlo15 View Post
Will do, it was a pretty easy install. Had to modify the brake boost line and you need the Map Extension since its on the opposite side then the Lt1. This one came already ground on the bottom for the fuel pump clearance. A brass barb had already been installed for the brake booster so I just bought some 7/16 ID and slid that over the plastic line that goes into the stock manifold, I had to use a clamp on the barb since it was smaller then the plastic nipple on the original line. The nipple on the drivers front sticks up on the Lt2 so I cut it and used the original fittings and just cut the line in half and connected the two with a 3/8 ID hose and that worked out great. All worked out good. I'll post some pictures later.
Sounds good. I literally just did the modifications to my lt2 a couple days ago....easy stuff but I just didn't want to get a little overzealous with the flap disk The plastic also started kind of chipping a little when I was drilling for the tap but it ended up clean enough to get good threads/seal. My paranoid self used a dab of gasket maker on the threads just for good measure. FWIW I used that Dorman fitting someone posted in the big LT2 Intake thread and worked perfectly as long as it seals well.

How long did the intake swap take for you? Anything you'd suggest watching out for or anything?

Also, what are your goals for the car as of now, mods wise and 1/4 mile wise?
goata8 is offline   Reply With Quote