Thread: X-pipe?
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2016, 05:32 PM   #9
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
Except a good 90% if not more of that difference in time seems to be just your reaction time. I dont think you can credit the exhaust for that.

Edit: nevermind, Reaction time doesn't factor into the times reaching various distances.

exactly...you can sit there for 40 seconds after it goes green. its when you start and finish.

that being said, the exhaust really was the only change. and after opening up the stock exhaust I took off and seeing how many chambers and baffles inside...its NOT made for performance. its made to slow exhaust flow, which in turn keeps the noise down, for the avg person. this may be crude to some, but the visual would be common sense due to almost anything on a car can be explained using the human body...so....if any of you had to take a #2.... and it was through an additional 9 feet of hose, you'd spend a lot more time and effort pushing it out. aftermarket exhaust offers a shorter distance, and far more free flowing design. its carries efficiency. less chance for velocity slowing down is the performance gain, and less sound absorbing or cancelling out is the by product of sound.

like ive always said, if you make something more efficient, you get more power out of it. sometimes, sounds and looks are the side show, not the main goal. and you don't need a dyno sheet to monitor real world results, as a dyno will never fully mimic real world outside of having one in a wind tunnel.

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote