View Single Post
Old 04-18-2021, 03:47 PM   #28
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malbjey View Post
I feel like the 1SS has disappeared completely from dealer lots, and the LT1 has replaced it. The thing that sucks is that when you do see a 1SS now, it's no longer being offered as cheaply since the LT1 occupies the lower price range.

Plus the LT1s are being loaded up with options pushing them into former 1SS price territory.

Chevy should have offered the LT1 trim from the start. They really screwed up in the beginning by making the 1SS more expensive (thousands more) than the base Mustang V8 and Challenger RT.

If the LT1 was offered earlier in the 6th gen's life, Chevy would have undoubtedly sold more Camaros overall. Maybe not enough to beat the Mustang or Challenger, but it would have been more competitive.

Hopefully they won't make the same mistake with the 7th gen, if we get one.
You don’t have enough data to support your claim. Camaro sales are in the toilet.

If what you are thinking is the 25% is PLUS sales, I doubt it very much.

You need to see how many people that were looking at a V6 and chose a V8 instead. Not plus sale, but at least a better mix for GM.