View Single Post
Old 10-22-2020, 05:34 PM   #41
DexnBlair

Drives: '16 Camaro RS 2.0T A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Start The Machine View Post
These ecotec engines are extremely unconventional to tune. You really need to have experience with them and know exactly how they work. There are all kinds of bazaar tables in the ECU to adjust. Wook could explain it, but it would just go over everyone's head.

Does HPTuners have the ability to read the e85 kit?

$1000 is $400 more than everyone else is charging even with the dyno session. Trying to justify it with a video you can simply film yourself with your own phone is just silly.
That extra $400 can go towards a bigger turbo or other mods you want to do.

If they are your only option with a dyno I guess your hands are tied. Just study everything you can about this engine. Know what hp and tq numbers to expect. Tell them, if they blow up your engine, they are going to supply and install aftermarket rods and pistons from ZZP.

Make sure to have these supporting mods installed before you go.

E85 Kit
Intake Tube
K&N Style Air Filter
Recirculation Valve
Downpipe
Larger Throttle Body
Charge Pipes

WAIT TILL BLACK FRIDAY TO BUY THIS STUFF!!!

Also, I would check on black Friday tuning specials from Trifecta. You might be able to parlay the savings with their turbo upgrade and save money on the combo.
Yes, the intent is to have those mods done before I go and I am defiantly waiting until black Friday to purchase this stuff.

Ill look at trifecta as well on black Friday.

Unfortunately they are about the only one remotely close to local that can tune this engine. The guy I spoke to said they have done some of the ATS with the 2.0T, but not a Camaro but they are the same engine. I asked him his suggest upgrades and he was basically dead on with your suggestions with a few minor differences on brands (brands they offer). I told them I was going to do the modifications to the car prior to getting there and simply wanted a tune with the upgrades. I thought the price was a bit high, which is why I was asking. From what I have read HPtuners does have e85 reading ability. I will check with Trifecta and see what they say and if it is easy enough I might just go with a remote tune. Just not very comfortable with a remote tune. I am an old school guy trying to learn new tech. LOL

Last edited by DexnBlair; 10-22-2020 at 05:54 PM.
DexnBlair is offline   Reply With Quote