Thread: vs 2018 Mustang
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2018, 02:01 PM   #1174
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
M6 SS with my mods don’t even run close to the same times. Not just et either. The mph is a good 5mph off. The gearing is horrible for one. They also have more issues with TM and throttle closure.

That mustang also has a lighter wheel and tire swap. He’s also setup and tuned for c85. But claims he hasn’t used it yet

Surprised you haven’t seen vids of 18 gt auto and manuals running. The 10r wipes the floor with them even modded. The gearing and shift speed advantage of the new autos is hard to beat. The drivetrain loss isn’t that much different anymore either

The grey m6 Camaro he is racing on that channel trapped 119-120 his last time out FYI
I have no 1st hand data to refute what you claim. all I can look at is your fast list which has M6 cars with less mods trapping within 1mph of your posted slip. Now you may trap higher on other passes where E.T. is slower but the same may hold true for the M6 cars as well,but mod for mod they look to be competetive. Not seeing the 5mph disparity.

I'm not even claiming that the Mustang is faster in that video because roll racing has little bearing on what will take place at the drag strip.
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote