View Single Post
Old 02-24-2017, 01:21 PM   #31
gdgraph

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
There are no sensors... only actuators and valves. I've taken the AFM actuators off the stock exhaust, installed them on the magnaflow, then back to stock, and then to the Borla, I never installed/uninstalled any sensors, only the actuators that move the valves.

The assumption I have is he installed a mid pipe with no AFM valves and just never plugged the AFM actuators back in (because there's nowhere to put them) and the cable that runs the AFM actuator is just dangling there, but I don't want to speculate, which is why I am asking him what he did.

If that is the case, the simple fix is to either get a tune that deletes the AFM functionality or to buy a AFM range device that plugs in under the dash, here's one company that makes one, unfortunately they run around $175-200. As far as the question of running the car without that for the short term probably won't hurt anything, but the purpose of the AFM valves is to provide the adequate back pressure (valves begin to close) when you go into cylinder shut down mode. Long term it's not the best for your car because there's not enough back pressure which is a very similar problem if you increase your pipe diameter too much, solution is to get a tune.

http://www.rangetechnology.com/pages/v8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard0nee View Post
I can be wrong but I don't think NPP have sensors just an actuator about 2" from the tips. People have pulled the NPP fuse including myself in the past and there is never a check engine light.

I'm willing to bet the OP pulled the AFM sensors.

Last edited by gdgraph; 02-24-2017 at 01:36 PM.
gdgraph is offline   Reply With Quote