View Single Post
Old 02-24-2017, 12:59 PM   #29
gdgraph

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I guess I am still a little confused of what you actually did to your exhaust because you are using terms like "AFM sensors" and talking about welding the original sensors back on, so just to clarify, what exactly did you modify?

- The metal pieces that the lines are pointing to (in the picture I uploaded) on the actual exhaust are the actual valves (forward valves are the AFM valves or dampers / rear valves by the muffler are the NPP valves for the sound management).
- The plastic piece that bolts onto the valves/dampers (with 3 small bolts) are the actuators, they are electrical motors that actuate or move the "butterfly type" valves open or closed.
- Then there is a connector that plugs into the actuator to provide power to the electrical actuator (motor) power. There is no sensor in this part of the exhaust system, the only sensors in the exhaust are located upstream by the cats (those are the O2 sensors).

All of that said, what modifications did you make to the stock exhaust?
- Did you delete any of the 4 metal valves (either NPP or AFM valves)?
- Did you delete any of the 4 actuators (either the NPP or AFM actuators), and if so what did you do to the electronic plug that leads to that actuator?
(I attached a picture showing what I am calling a valve & an actuator - note this is just showing the oned for the NPP, it's going to be the same components on the AFM located upstream from the mufflers shown in the earlier pic I posted)

Sorry for all the questions, just want to make sure I understand what you've got on the car before I say anything. Another thing that comes to mind is that a CEL can occur sometimes when you increase pipe diameter because it takes away back pressure from the system depending on how much of the exhaust was upsized and by how much you upsized it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamMoranPranks View Post
That's awesome, man! I have found that cars are getting smarter than me and any type of mod could potentially throw a code since they're so sensitive. In your opinion, is it bad to run my car with those AFM sensors unplugged, or is the only "bad" thing the fact that it's throwing a CEL? The car runs perfect. I just have the light on now. Thinking of just buying the bypass sensors instead of having to weld the originals back on with the pipe it came attached to.
Attached Images

Last edited by gdgraph; 02-24-2017 at 01:26 PM.
gdgraph is offline   Reply With Quote