View Single Post
Old 04-19-2021, 03:05 PM   #7
Brut4c

Drives: Toyota Tacoma, Dodge Viper SRT-10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpevans View Post
I am assume your sons car had RPO JL9 same as mine. couple questions since you have done the swap. I am tracking my car this year and so far it seems like my best option and advice recieved is to upgrade my pads, QLocs on order, upgrade the fluid and buy a pressure bleeder. If I am not satisfied with these upgrades after my first track day I plan on upgrading to 4 piston brembos like your son. Questions, did you replace the calipers only, are the rotors the same size, I assume you had to change the caliper mounting brackets, did you change the dust shield, and are the brake lines the same, I was going to upgrade my lines to stainless but might wait if they are different on the brembos. any feedback would be appreciated.
I have no idea what RPO JL9 is. Way to many numbers and letters with these cars. I’ll stick to my Viper. What I removed for him was a single piston sliding caliper brake, rotor and brake line. The rotors do get replaced and are 1” larger in diameter, new lines are needed as the banjo fitting at the caliper end is different. I did not touch the dust shield. There is no bracket to replace, the new caliper just bolts in place and is spaced correctly for the rotor. You will however need the caliper mounting bolts for the brembos, they are longer. You will also need 4 new crush washers from the dealer. Only $.80 each. Op is updated with the part number.
Attached Images

Last edited by Brut4c; 04-19-2021 at 09:07 PM.
Brut4c is offline   Reply With Quote