View Single Post
Old 04-09-2021, 07:34 AM   #1
mikemollc

Drives: 2021 LT1 Auto
Should I trade my 2010 2SS for a LT1

So I have a 2010 Camaro 2SS auto it’s just a bolt on car right now (headers high flow cats, intake and a cat back). I was getting ready to pull the trigger and go cam, have the heads ported and do a converter to match the cam. Then down the road go with a blower most likely a maggie

Then the other day I was on the chevy site and built a LT1 car with the auto and the price really isn’t bad. My goals for my ss were 550-600 whp and have a blower doing the cams and heads only came about Because the lifters in the l99 version of the ls3 are a weak point.I do drag race my car at my local track atco when I have time and I drive almost everyday. So I have a few question for you guys about the LT1. If I got an LT1 I would most likely custom order one first brand new car I’ll ever have bought I bought my ss used in 16.

1. Do you guy think it’s better to just build my current older ss or just hop on the LT1 train.

2. The recaros you can option in the LT1 the have the heated and cooled seats but they aren’t wired from what I seen on this forum is that true.

3. How do these lt1 motors handle and drive with boost not looking to go nuts just 550-600whp are my current goals. (Is there room to grow after)

4. How does the LT1 stack up to the 10 speed 5.0 I was looking at those as well and I have a buddy with a 15 pony with the auto 6 we have done work to and its fast!!

5. How do must cars come equipped from the dealer I heard the cars aren’t being built right now so ordering one might take a while. The must haves for me are auto, the tech pack, but I really want the recaros, dual mode exhaust, black wheels
mikemollc is offline   Reply With Quote