View Single Post
Old 09-17-2019, 07:01 AM   #15
FasNuf

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy347k9 View Post
During my LEO career I covered a fair number of fatal accidents with the majority of the crashes equal in number when it came to cause... alcohol and or excessive speed. Many times the driver of the offending vehicle would live but claim the life of and innocent person or persons. The most difficult part of my job was going to someone's home and giving them that terrible news, their son or daughter was deceased. You can not even imagine how their lives were instantly destroyed. I knew exactly how they felt for a fellow officer had to inform me one cold Friday evening that my daughter and her two cousins were deceased. A young college student was driving beyond conditions and T-boned their car. The girls were 15, 16 and 17. They were on their way home from shopping and having an ice cream at Deering Ice Cream when the crash occurred at 2026 hours.

Please don't get me wrong or misunderstand what I am saying. Like many of you I enjoy a fast car. Matter of fact one of my collateral jobs was assisting with EVOC training. Emergency Vehicle Operation Course for the LEO. I was involved in a good number of high speed pursuits and some that I had to discontinue because pedestrians, heavy traffic or the offending driver was going to die before he stopped.

There is a place for displaying all that power and we all love the feeling of that power but we have to stand back and think... "what if it was my child"? When they are standing in a court of law charged with vehicular manslaughter and being sentenced to State Prison for a number of years they wish they could relive that moment.... it's to late then.

Don't destroy your families life by getting into a car with that individual.
bump...READ THIS PEOPLE ^^^^^^^^^^
FasNuf is offline   Reply With Quote