View Single Post
Old 12-27-2018, 04:18 PM   #12
DWR

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Ok so here is the grand and hopefully the final update on this annoying and stressful saga...

The cause for all of the following is unknown but after they replaced a few fuel injectors, a pushrod, and a head (because of a bent valve/ they don't reassemble heads apparently) my car stopped misfiring but still had issues. The issue that I then had was very odd to me; it ran fine, felt fine, except for if you were cruising (mainly highway)... What would happen is that if you tried to accelerate or maintain speed going up a hill (regardless of what gear you were in) without downshifting to bring the rpm over 2k it would shake like crazy/seem like misfire/ not accelerate but no engine light. Finally one day it gave me all the same lights/warnings as last time... I took it to the dealership and they were told to order an engine.

I was told that the engine had arrived but GM wouldn't pay the tech to replace it until they were able to find what was causing the issue/proof... So my car sat for a month at the dealership with the new engine there in shop (as I was told). Finally the dealership was able to find time to tear my car/engine down after thanksgiving (I'll cut slack here as they do get bombarded) and found that it had spun a main rod bearing. The engine swap went *fairly* quick after that ~2 weeks after finding the issue for GM.

I currently am planning to contact GM in attempt to have them pay my car payments for the length of time that the car was in the shop, extend my onstar,xm, etc. services as I lost out on use, and to have them finally replace my hood wrap that was defective since day 1 (peeling at the hood edge, blemishes, and now a few marks made by the engine replacement that seem to be permanent... haven't had time to wash the car since getting it back).
2007 Toyota Corolla S -- Traded
2007 Colorado I-5 3.7L z85 2wd ext. cab --Totaled
2004 Silverado single cab 4.8l v-8 2wd -- Traded
2018 Camaro SS 1LE -- Current DD
DWR is offline   Reply With Quote