View Single Post
Old 04-20-2021, 01:48 PM   #8
rotis

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanblurr View Post
What tophats and spring rates are you using? Obviously Auto-x vs. road course will be different, but curious where you started. Did you do the testing/set up on the dampers? How long did it take to finally get them dialed?

I could see a front tire helping more on auto-x than a road course. Unless I could increase the rear width proportionally, I'm not sure id increase the front width. No data to back this, just my opinion after testing various tire sizes. Maybe a 325/345 combo, but I don't see much available.
I'm running Moreno camber plates. I set the dampers to reach my critical damping % targets based on the raw data files that MCS provided. This almost always gets me within 1 click of what I want in terms of feel.

I've run between 550 and 700lb front springs, and 1100-1300 rear springs across my two MCS setups. Right now I'm at 550/1200, which is pretty soft up front compared to some serious business autox setups.

More tire is always better, especially with a car this heavy. Add front tire, add front spring/bar to achieve desired balance. You get the faster response of more roll stiffness, and still have grip from the extra tire, which is a win/win in the autox world.
rotis is offline   Reply With Quote