View Single Post
Old 01-24-2023, 07:34 PM   #15
Christian1LE

Drives: 2004 BMW 330CI, 2022 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr71bb View Post
Run them at 24-26PSI cold pressure. Normally you would want to run them MOUNTED with the LETTERS IN because typically they made laps with the LETTERS mounted to the OUTSIDE as is the sponsors requirement usually

Dont let them get above 32PSI Hot pressure. Typically there will be a 6PSI difference between cold pressure readings and hot pressure readings. In SUPER HOT summer conditions I have seen as much as 10 PSI difference. These will be a little quicker than GYSC3R tires but will last considerably longer. They LIKE alot of NEGATIVE camber. I run -3.7 front and -3.0 rear.

They will heat cycle out BEFORE you will see those wear indicators disappear so ALWAYS check them after a track day. I usually get 3-4 full track days out of a set.
You mention that they will heat cycle out before the wear indicators disappear. What exactly are you checking for after a track day then?

Wouldn't the grip just go away and that's when it's time to change them? What other queues do you use to know they are done? Wouldn't you just count the heat cycles?

Lot's of questions I know, I'm getting mine mounted tomorrow.
Christian1LE is offline   Reply With Quote