View Single Post
Old 11-04-2021, 02:32 PM   #16
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
I believe he meant 7/16th's (at least that fits my standard 2017 SS's brakes).

But I found an 11mm box wrench to be a bit better (snugger). Also, I prefer to use the box end placed on the bleeder valve first, then the tubing to drain into. The tube holds the wrench in place, just orient the wrench to be ready to open the valve, then open and close as needed. When finished with that side, just repeat in the order carguy55 updated. Just my 2 cents worth.

Thank you OP, great post!

One last thing, just in case you're not aware- bleeder valves are made of brass (soft stuff) and the Brembo caliper is aluminum. Do not over tighten. Tighter to be sure is not better and may result in stripped threads and leaks. Wish I could provide an inch/pound spec. but I don't know it.

Update: I've seen a spec. here on C6 from Member Alpha1BC that quotes Brembo torque specs as 17-20Nm or 150-177in/lbs for the bleeder valves (that would make the high value at 14.75 FT/lbs). Spark plug torque spec is 10lbs I believe. This number seemed a little tight to myself and a few other members. My valves are sealing well at 80in/lbs or 9.0Nm. Use your best judgement but if you don't have experience with bleeder valves, please use a torque wrench not a dork wrench.
Last edit- Spoke to my Subaru Service Center today and their torque spec for my CrossTrek bleeders is 70in/lbs.
OK- last, last update- just saw service manual document #5613487 stating bleeder valve torque spec is 97 in/lb.

Last edited by Ventmaster; 09-10-2023 at 10:12 PM.
Ventmaster is online now   Reply With Quote