View Single Post
Old 07-21-2020, 06:47 PM   #39
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmitchell17 View Post
Also looks like these don't have a "wheel rim protector" but I've never actually seen one of these things on a tire work, I think if your going fast enough and hit something to mess up the wheel, its probably going to go straight through the extra rubber.

Does anyone know why they would have made them wider looking and where they added material at? The tread pattern looks like same at the regular 555R's.

So far I don't notice any more subjective "floaty" "sway" feeling when cornering side to side.

What tire pressure do you run at the track on these? On what pressure did you run on your 3.4 0-60 runs? I reset my tire pressure indicator not to come on until 19 psi and it will let me go down even more, but I believe at this pressure they might get kind of "swayey" body roll kind of feeling, but I know they will probably heat up faster.
Also what is your rear camber at? I really wish I could go to zero degrees and see if that helps or anyone think its not going to effect much?
I’m running my NT555R (v1.0) at 22 psi at the strip if memory serves. Best 60’ I’ve had so far is 1.59 which I didn’t think that was bad. Run 30 psi on the street but our roads don’t let me get anywhere near the good launches King gets on the street.