View Single Post
Old 07-20-2020, 08:21 PM   #34
cmitchell17

Drives: 17 2SS, 8L90, Cam, Heads, E85
Here is the best I could do. I'm a little disappointed since I thought I could be in the low 3 range, but I haven't tried lower pressures in the tire yet. It is really humid out.

I was also hoping launch control would work correctly but something is making it sort of bog sometimes, it seems to have started after I swapped my cam and heads but I did not alter virtual torque that much and I have completely tuned my VVE. Once it gets past about 10 mph or so it seems to work and actually lets the tires spin a little more than normal traction control would allow. I got the best run by leaving traction control on and going 100% throttle from a stop.

Its interesting because during normal traction control the drive axle control source is indicated as "chassis" which I take to mean the Chassis Control Module is intervening and determining the torque allowed from the traction control system, but when looking at the logs when I do the "launch control" it says the source is "RPM Limit" so I'm not sure what module is responsible for the regular SS "dumb" launch control feature. Either way I think something needs to be adjusted better since I've swapped my cam to make the LC function like stock. I know a lot of people bash it and say they can do a better job with there feet, but i'm not so sure you can beat modern sensors and electronics.

I think by far what makes the biggest difference besides tires being the number 1 difference, is a good clean surface. So that means find the newest paved road you can, I think it also makes a difference on what kind of asphalt it is. A older paved surface is worn out with a rough surface and also has a lot of loose gravel on it which obviously can't help.
Name:  IMG_20200720_194033.jpg
Views: 839
Size:  181.1 KB
cmitchell17 is offline   Reply With Quote