Thread: Constraints
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2021, 11:38 AM   #172
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by s2mikey View Post
So, one doesnt need a PHD in business or whatever to conclude that a V6 in a Camaro has no chance of happening anytime like....ever, maybe? Ive tried to sell myself on the 2.0 Turbo but cant pull the trigger. Then, it still appears that the ordering process itself and delivery timeframes are all over the place & quite screwey. Even if you do order a 2.0T which are not on constraint, its still quite vague when you'll actually get it. Going by what members here are going through its hard to feel good about it.

I give ya'll credit for sticking this out. If the Camaro is the only car that will "do it" for you, I understand. My interest level has been fading rapidly and quite frankly Ive ordered something else(different make/model) in the meantime that I do NOT have to take but at least it will be here in my desired time frame(March 2022 is a reliable estimate) and the ordering process was painless. At this stage, Im going to just wait until spring 2022 and "See whats out there" or what local dealers end up with. If its meant to be, then Ill find a Camaro on a lot or through a cancelled order that I can still possibly buy. But, I personally cant "do" this anymore meaning trying to order a car the way I really want it. Its a Camaro, not a one-off Limited edition Ferrari or something. Way too hard for what it is. Good luck with your orders! . Who knows.... I could still end up with one.....

I’m with you on this. I haven’t waited as long, but without any guarantees of obtaining my order in the early spring (which would probably have to hear back on an actual acceptance of allocation late January), I’d either cut my losses (sell new Camaro parts in my garage) and try to buy off lot / order a M240I…. or pick up a SS off the lot. I don’t think the latter will happen, as I have very simple but specific wants from the SS and won’t compromise. It’s way too early to entertain those options, but that would be the plan come January.

Good luck to you, hope it all works out.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote