View Single Post
Old 08-07-2017, 09:44 AM   #19
travislambert

Drives: '17 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jastone View Post
I guess the likelihood of breaking something would depend on your driving and the cars mechanical status. In Novice you wouldn't be pushed out of your comfort zone by having much faster car / driver combos on the track with you. But then again you may be held up by slower, less experienced driver / car combos. Always better to start off at the beginning and get a gauge for what the sessions are like.

After my last time on the track I know I'll be going Intermediate next time. My times and comfortability would indicate I'd be ok in the intermediate. I may have been over cautious by entering Novice but better than getting run over or feeling like I was in the way for the first time I was on track at Pitt Race in 15 years (first time on the full track).

You coming out to the track on Thursday (Aug 10th)? If it doesn't rain I think I'm going to go. I'm just trying to decide if I should sign up for Novice or Intermediate. I'm leaning toward intermediate because I'm worried I'll get stuck behind slow cars the majority of the time in Novice.

During Camaro Fest this year I ran on a track for the first time (NCM). I started out in Novice 1 (A), but it was boring. When I finally got out front, it only took me a couple minutes to start encountering lapped cars. As soon as the session was over an instructor told me I needed to be bumped up to Novice 2(B). I then ran as the second car in the B group the rest of the day. I stayed right with the lead car without any trouble. I would have been very comfortable driving faster, given the opportunity.

The only thing that makes me a little nervous about signing up for intermediate is that I have never driven on the pittrace track before. I'm positive I'll be fine running in intermediate after a few laps.

Any words of wisdom?
travislambert is offline   Reply With Quote