View Single Post
Old 03-30-2017, 10:15 AM   #30
Ryephile
Hot Dog

Drives: '17 1SS 1LE
Here's the car in the body shop at Rodgers Chevy. It's been pretty slow as the parts supply seems glacial at best. Something that's not cool is they don't have the 1234yf refrigerant capture system, which is required equipment for GM dealerships. It's been "on order". I wonder if this is a similar situation to Vintage not having A/C after his engine change, dunno.

Body shop by Ryephile, on Flickr

They popped out the rear side glass in order to paint the whole panel "without showing a visible tape line". I guess?

Since it was the same astronomical replacement cost (over $2k), I requested they put on the ZL1 NPP instead of the normal SS NPP exhaust.

The hood wrap came off fine. The bondo for the front of the hood isn't sorted out yet. They have a new factory wrap in a box, it's official name is "decal".

It looks like it's going to be a few more weeks, based on the pace of work. I swap out my insurance rental for the dealership loaner on Monday, so from there it'll be on their dime to light a fire and finish the job.

This is going to cut it really close on making my Easter weekend track event. I really just want my car back.