View Single Post
Old 05-03-2019, 11:09 AM   #40
AlphaDream
Piston Slapper

Drives: Volt gen2, Colorado V6, soonCamaro
Hi all, I just test drove an LGX V6 Camaro yesterday. Wow, what a car! I loved the handling and performance and would have bought it on the spot, but unfortunately I have hyperacusis, which is a sensitivity to sounds. It makes normal sounds loud and painful. So as you can imagine, the moment I revved it over 3500rpm at WOT I could tell it would be an issue. It is just far too loud for someone with my hearing problems.

Normally I treat my cars with sound deadening materials to damp road noise, but it only does so much for engine noise coming through the firewall. My hope is that if sound tube removal significantly drops the engine noise level then combined with sound damping materials I'll have it sounding like a Lexus inside - or at least a Cadillac.

Of course the salesman wouldn't let me remove the sound tube for a test drive, lol. Maybe if I could get an hour test drive with it alone, but I figure I may as well ask here before I go and tinker with a new car on the sly.

Can anyone comment as to how much quieter their Camaro is after a sound tube delete? Is there actually a reduction in noise level or is it only a change in the quality of the sound? Thanks for any insights you all may have.
AlphaDream is offline   Reply With Quote