View Single Post
Old 07-24-2020, 10:56 PM   #24
BigGuy81
Account Suspended

Drives: Man
Send a message via ICQ to BigGuy81 Send a message via AIM to BigGuy81 Send a message via Yahoo to BigGuy81
I recently swapped out my mirrors for black ones. I ordered them from a seller on eBay and they were clearly OEM parts. Despite them being listed for 19-20, the mirrors fit my 2016. I paid about $250 shipped for the pair and am very happy with the way they look.

Some quick tips:
- You are probably going to drop a nut deep into the door. Have a long, thin magnetic grabber ready to fish the nut out. I already had one in my toolbox but you can find them at any hardware store pretty easily.

- I used butyl rubber rope to reseal the two vapor barriers you need to take off to access the nuts. This worked great and seemed to actually provide better adhesion than stock.

- I broke one of the locating pins on each door. Didn't seem to cause any issues, but I made sure to put some felt tape on what was left of the pin to prevent it from hitting the bare metal.

- I found reinstalling the door cards to be much easier than disassembly. The key is to get the top clips snapped in while aligning the rest of the clips.
BigGuy81 is offline   Reply With Quote