View Single Post
Old 07-02-2020, 11:03 PM   #176
LESS1

Drives: Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho2018GTPremium View Post
Good for you - but while the 1LE is a great track car, it doesn't bring the interest that a Shelby or Hellcat does to the lineup. A few enthusiasts, yes, but that's it. You think the reason the base GT500 is $73k is only because of the name? That it has nothing to do with the 760 hp monster under the hood, the DCT, the updated suspension, front/rear end changes, aero development, etc. etc.? Ha. Don't get me wrong, 1LE is a great option package, but to say the Shelby's cost more simply because the name attached to it is blind.
Please elaborate on what you are basing this lack of interest on, and don’t waster out time quoting sales. In regards, to GT500 and all this special goodness you mention… joke that is what it is. Failed attempt to out do ZL1/ZLE with years of development time. In my industry we call this a failed project and time for people to update their resumes and move on.

Quote:
Correction - the 6th gen Camaros are the best in their class at going around a track. They are not the quickest in a straight line. They have the least room. Least visibility. Weirdest ergos. You Camaro guys hang your hat on this one fact (going around turns), and sometimes fall back on that the M6 SS is a couple of tenths quicker in the 1/4 than the M6 GT PP1, even though they trap similar speeds. If you are a track rat, then yes, the 1LE makes perfect sense since those other things don't matter. But for most people, they do.
Wrong. By the way how much time have you actually spent in a 6th Gen Camaro? You toss around your BS statements as if you have extensive experience. So enlighten us. As for only being good at going around a corner again you are mistaken. GM Alpha chassis and MRC is just plain better than Frods attempt. As was previously mentioned they are good on the road and if you fit in the car, comfortable as well. Concerning PP1/2/GT350/R handling. I have spent a good deal of time on track with GT/GT350/R cars and can tell you from first hand experience they are a handful when pushed hard.

Most performance car buyers are willing to forgive a few short comings in exchange for the performance benefits. In this case sorry buddy, Mustang is just not as good as Camaro at most things. Go ahead and whine on about the visibility, not an issue once you acclimate. The back seat is cramped and trunk too small? Well anyone who buys a Camaro or for that matter a Mustang and believes they are going to stuff a family of 5 onboard needs a reality check. Again, both cars have compromises, deal with it, or buy an Accord.

Quote:
Again, see my post above. The extra money comes with Ford Performance engines and other upgrades. And regarding Shelby back in the 60s: Who doesn't like Corvettes? Corvettes are AMERICA's sports car (not withstanding the Viper that I hope returns). We're talking about Camaros here. Camaro didn't even exist at the time.
See my post above. Agree Corvettes and Camaros are great and Viper comeback would be fantastic.

Quote:
PP1 w/ MagneRide doesn't suck. I just took mine up a long curvy mountain road drive on Sunday. It's actually very good. Maybe it isn't as good as the SS, but still, it is darn good up those curvy roads and I always enjoy those drives very much.
See my post above.
LESS1 is offline   Reply With Quote