View Single Post
Old 07-01-2020, 10:54 PM   #169
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho2018GTPremium View Post
Good for you - but while the 1LE is a great track car, it doesn't bring the interest that a Shelby or Hellcat does to the lineup. A few enthusiasts, yes, but that's it. You think the reason the base GT500 is $73k is only because of the name? That it has nothing to do with the 760 hp monster under the hood, the DCT, the updated suspension, front/rear end changes, aero development, etc. etc.? Ha. Don't get me wrong, 1LE is a great option package, but to say the Shelby's cost more simply because the name attached to it is blind.

Correction - the 6th gen Camaros are the best in their class at going around a track. They are not the quickest in a straight line. They have the least room. Least visibility. Weirdest ergos. You Camaro guys hang your hat on this one fact (going around turns), and sometimes fall back on that the M6 SS is a couple of tenths quicker in the 1/4 than the M6 GT PP1, even though they trap similar speeds. If you are a track rat, then yes, the 1LE makes perfect sense since those other things don't matter. But for most people, they do.

Again, see my post above. The extra money comes with Ford Performance engines and other upgrades. And regarding Shelby back in the 60s: Who doesn't like Corvettes? Corvettes are AMERICA's sports car (not withstanding the Viper that I hope returns). We're talking about Camaros here. Camaro didn't even exist at the time.

PP1 w/ MagneRide doesn't suck. I just took mine up a long curvy mountain road drive on Sunday. It's actually very good. Maybe it isn't as good as the SS, but still, it is darn good up those curvy roads and I always enjoy those drives very much.
Lol the m6 ss is a couple of tenths quicker huh? The a10 mustang was 1 tenth quicker than the a10 ss. The m6 ss is 3 tenths faster than a GT and has consistently trapped higher when comparing similarly equiped vehicles. The m6 ss is as quick in the 1/4 as the 526hp gt350 and traps similarly albeit usually a little lower. Mustang guys just fall back on the fact that Car and Driver tested the a10 5.0 at 12.1 vs 12.2 for the ss a10. That's the mustang GTs only win and only thing it can "hang its hat on".

The bad visibility is subjective but I'll concede that most dont like it, however the Mustangs isn't exactly amazing either and ergos are totally subjective and some people like the feeling of sitting in their car not on top of their car. Interior wise both cars are nice enough while not being spectacular.

Good for you that you like the way your a10 pp1 with mag ride feels around a curvy road. That's pretty subjective and doesn't hold much weight, same as me thinking the camaros visibility isn't that bad. The fact is that the pp1 a10 was slower than a civic type r around the Throttle House track, and about 3 seconds slower than a pp2 in that same small track. It may not totally suck but it's also not anything to write home about.

While Shelby vehicles have upgraded equipment over regular mustangs for sure, like the expensive voodoo, predator, dct and v6 camaros tr3160. You would be very naive to think the Shelby emblem isn't carrying a premium.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote