Thread: July Incentives
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2020, 11:06 AM   #9
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost_SS View Post
Pretty disappointing to be honest. I was hoping for a 0% offer or 2500 cashback atleast for well qualified buyers. "Shopping around" on a 1le in a color you want is basically the whole country at this point and try to get a decent shipping rate if its not local. Right now isnt an easy time to buy with many dealers offering very little on incentives and a whopping $1500 off from GM.
I can appreciate the feelings... Mine were similar. Coming out of May and into June, I saw the incentives on the 2019's drop and the cash-back on the 2020's remain steady. I was able to lock in the $1500 for the 2020 easily enough since it continued into the beginning of June when I bought. I had to rely on my strong credit score to get low financing rates, though.

I was trying to figure out transport until I just decided to trailer it myself. Instead of $700 plus to get it home from 150 miles away, the entire effort cost me under $100 in extra gas, trailer rental, and tolls. And towing it was a complete non-issue. If you're able to to a "fly and drive" or similar (so long as the selling state issues temp tags), then the actual cost of getting it home should be quite reasonable compared to transport costs (and it's never in the hands of a third-party).
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote