Thread: LT5 Camaro???
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2018, 09:33 PM   #5
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
Sure amigo, but there was a time when many never thought there would be an LT4 Camaro...one has to dream!! Hell, the Red Eye caught me off guard & bet some of Demon owners were surprised to have that creeping up on them too.

Personally?? With the HP wars on the rise like they were in the late 60's, I certainly would be willing to bet on it vs the counter. Remember the current LT5 is a hand assembled low volume build, but there is nothing keeping GM from going high volume into a mass production engine build on an assembly line. Think I'll have a better handle on it once we see what the mid engine vette turns out to be.
No offense but anybody who thought the LT4 wouldn't make it to the Camaro is a total moron. It only made sense to drop the middle-Vette engine into the high end Cadillac and Camaro. Then the halo ZR1 gets their LT5. They will not put the LT5 in the Camaro. If they do, they'd be not only adding a lot of cost to themselves and therefore the end MSRP but also making a car that will out-pace all Vettes except the C7 ZR1 and will do so at probably $80k or so, $60k less than a well specced ZR1. Besides monetary problems, they won't do it on the grounds of having a Camaro equally as powerful as the top line Vette. Corvettes need to be made faster that way the Camaro can be upgraded as well. It goes in proportion.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote