View Single Post
Old 09-26-2021, 12:13 PM   #17
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 102SS View Post
Most good shops will have torque sticks that go on the impact gun between the gun and socket.

They are pretty accurate.
Still tho, at most I've seen lugnuts on soo tight that you had to use penetrating oil and some lengthy pipe to break them. I've never seen it to where the lugnuts sheared off with the stud part still attached. And for damn sure not 3 of them on 1 wheel. Add that IF this was the case then these wheels have been on for several months. This is just odd and weird.

Something doesn't add up. Because the wheel ws definitely wobbling like it was loose. But again, the lugnuts sheared off with the stud attached. So the only thing I can think of is perhaps the stud part was somehow loosening up from the hub which made the wheel start to slightly wobble and THAT maybe started to work the lugnut to where it sheared right off. Once I get back I'm gonna inspect the hub and see if there is something I can find. Because no way in hell this was a matter of an overtightened lugnut. I can see 1 of them doing that, maybe 2. But definitely not 3 of them. Something has to be up with the hub.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote