View Single Post
Old 12-16-2019, 12:07 PM   #12
BlackbeastSS2

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE Shock Candy
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingchunsifu View Post
Get an automatic. I learned the hard way with my M6. When you place an anachronistic piece of outdated technology in the middle of modern high technology components: "slow" is the outcome.
I had a 2016 SS A8, I experienced converter lock up on the drag strip. The odd 1st gear to 2nd gear slam, never got the shudder. The worst part of the A8 is the AFM deactivating, constantly driving in Auto manual mode to avoid this until I did a cam and got rid of the AFM. The paddle shifters have a delay in them so I shift with the auto gear selector pushing it up or down.

So far no problems with my M6, didn’t notice any lag or bogging. I have had the car for almost a month and haven’t even experienced the skip shift yet, mind you I have a heavy foot. Love the Rev match. No complaints, after doing both auto and manual I favour the manual for the driving experience.

The Gen 6 is a great car in either set up and that’s why I just bought my second Gen 6 SS.
Diamond Piston & Manley Rods, Roto Fab Big Gulp
BTR Push Rods,LS7 Lifters, ARP, FI Chiller, Kirkey Seats
SJM Line Lock, Hurst Pistol Grip. 747/739 RWHP street tune - 821/794 RWHP track tune 101 octane.
2014 Mini Cooper countryman S All4 M6 daily driver
BlackbeastSS2 is offline   Reply With Quote