Thread: vs 2018 Mustang
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2018, 06:48 PM   #714
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by crysalis_01 View Post
Why don't I care? Bacause what modding the guy lined up beside me has done, or not done, doesn't affect how much I enjoy running my car.

We'll race and either I'll win or the other driver will win. That doesn't diminish one bit the excitement of making the run in the first place. When the times get come up on the board, if I won...cool. If I lost...ok, I guess if I want to win, I'll make improvements. What the other guy has done isn't apart of the equation of if I'm satisfied with my car's performance or not.

Why do you seem to put so much more stock into how your car compares to the next guy's vs how much you have fun driving and improving it? You said It's a sport, you're supposed to enjoy those, not get all bent out of shape over them.
Who says I'm putting stock into it? it's a conversation. I made a point, you questioned it, and here we are. Stop trying to make it out to be any more than that. For the record, do you really think I care how someone else's car stacks up to mine? But in any case, why are you defending people being dishonest about their mods and trying to mislead people? If you're ok with it then good for you. I'm not ok with it so I brought it up. And when I see it I call bullshit on it. If you wanna keep your mods to yourself then fine. But when you straight up lie with the intention to make yourself look better then that is different.

And for the record, it seems that all the Mustang guys are defending this type of behavior while those of us on the Camaro side are discouraging and ridiculing it. That says a lot about mentality here vs them over there. Let me ask you, what legit reason would you have to hide mods? The only reason a person would do that is because they're trying to race cars that they know are slower and are downplaying their mods because they know they'll win. And it is Mustang guys doing it. Which says a lot about their character. Especially since you're the only ones sticking up for that type of nonsense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
It's got nothing to do with any brand of car. I gave up street racing long ago because I grew up and had a family and legal troubles suck. When I started street racing in the mid 80's Fox bodies were just starting to hit the scene, I sold my 73 Mach1 and bought a 85'GT in '86. My friends all had old school Muscle Cars and everyone in the scene lied or was deceptive with what they had . Even friends If they built a new motor they would hide as many details as they possible could. if it was a Big Block of course it was a " mild 396". It was part of the game, you either assumed you were being lied to, trained your eyes to know what to look for or somebody slipped up and let the truth out.

There is much more honesty these days because there are much fewer potential variation to begin with. everyone has the same bolt-ons. Most people are running factory displacement and almost nobody has cams. so now people whine about axles, driveshafts and OPG's. If you complained about a guy not disclosing a HV oil pump or a heavy duty oil pump drive shaft on a motor in the 80's you'd get laughed off the street.
Like I said, I've always seen the opposite. People did not hide mods or lie about them from what I've seen. If you were at a meet or on the strip or about to race someone and asked then what they did to their car they'd run off an entire list of mods. It was far different from what it is now.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote