View Single Post
Old 01-25-2018, 01:27 PM   #9
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
To be honest, I don't think the Z is needed...period. I would argue that it is no longer relevant. My big reason for this is that the Z cars were never about being fully stripped down, track only kind of cars. They were great handling, but normal, Camaros. They had a full interior, they had this, they had that.... they weren't the fastest ones, but they were the best handling ones...

And with the creation of the ZL1 1LE, and how well the 1LE package is on the SS, I just don't see much point for GM to care enough about this setup. I mean really, short of building a full on track purpose car only, there is zero reason to do this..

That being said.... if they truly want to build a track focused N/A car.... Shaffe has already given you the right answer.....
I've been saying this same exact thing for over a year. Why build another hardcore track weapon when the ZL1 1LE is already here? Why step on your own toes? There is only so much room for such a vehicle, let alone one company selling two of them.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote