View Single Post
Old 06-01-2021, 07:02 PM   #8
JSH

Drives: '20 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldHoster View Post
I currently have one of the Hendrick/Callaway for Hertz cars and am selling it(Prefer Corvette platform). I have had experience with Callaway, LPE, and Hennessey by personally owning all. I haven't owned a Hennessey in anything other than a Viper though. The Yenko's I only know through second hand experiences I have driven a couple though.

1. Raw power/performance - LPE. Their packages make the most power if you have other cars this may be the way to go.
2. Complete Package/Support - Callaway. By far if you are looking for more power and absolute reliability this is the way to go! They have a dealer network, any place in the nation you can get your car worked on etc. It may not be as much power but for a complete package they are the way.
3. Scammer - Hennessey. There is no way that this company should be trusted in any way. They screwed a TON of Viper owners back in the day.

If this were a purpose built car for racing that I could have down for months at a time it would be LPE, otherwise I am going to have a Callaway setup.
I'm very pleased with HPE's work. I have no knowledge or interest in what they are rumored to have done wrong in the past. I've heard stories about every shop in America.
2/23 - 1031/1004 wheel.
4/23 - 1.41/9.61/145 at DA 7000 ft. (only made five passes).
2/24 - LME 390, E2650, FBO, 100 oct.; 1116hp/ 1063tq; 109 oct. dyno next.
JSH is offline   Reply With Quote