Originally Posted by s346k View Post
i believe most people:

a) don't know what their car should run
b) can't drive the car to its potential

neither of those mean just because everyone else was slow, you should be too

example: when i raced by car bone stock, here was the scenario

street night
bone stock 18 1LE
3940 lb raceweight (3720 car + 220 lb driver) i weighed the car (and myself)
da 2500'

car went 12.6 @ 115

there was a pray ported im/tb + rotofab a8 1ss car there,
it went 12.4 @ 114

also an a8 convertible with bolt ons/tune, made "470 whp". it went 12.2 @ 116

ive been drag racing various cars (and locations) for a long time. about the only time a car should be down 7+ mph is when the da is astronomical. otherwise there is a problem

maybe that track is uphill or something. i see a lot of underperforming cars come out of MI. maybe all you guys are going to the same tuner, idk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
There’s also a D option. Could just be a slow track. I ran against (3) 6th Gen coupes and beat them all. I only know the mod status of one of them (same mods as me plus axle-back and LT2 intake), so I’ll assume the other two were stock. One of them best me the second time we ran after I showed him how to use launch control. FWIW, most of my trap speeds were in the 114s.

There were also two ScatPacks there that I don’t think ever got out of the 13s. One of them was on Mickey Thompsons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnta1ss View Post
I don't think that track is really slow, after all, 132 trap speed for that GT500 is really good.

As far as your own 112~114 trap speeds, I do think those are below expectation with the mods that you listed. Yes I am accounting for the weight of the convertible, as I know someone with an SS vert and bolt on mods, so I have seen what they can do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Lapeer Intl Dragway just posted this to their FaceBook page...don’t know if this has any bearing on the times / trap speeds...

Attention in the pits!!

Sense we had the track Re surfaced , there was always that choppy spot at the 1000’ area and the concrete to asphalt transition has gradually been getting worse. We are getting that re done during the first or second week in June . At that point we can open up the quarter mile for competition!!
So, I’m back at LID today. I don’t know if they’ve done the track repairs that were mentioned in my earlier post, but my times so far today are a lot better than where this discussion started. 12.15 to 12.24. Pay little attention to the reaction times on the slips where I ran alone. No pressure = concentrate on 60’. I’ll put it all together when I get someone in the other lane...I hope.

My target with the mods is under 12.00. Within reach with some 60’ improvement..

This discussion really belongs in the drag threads, but since I started it here with the GT500 discussion, I figured I’d close the loop before taking it over there.
Attached Images

A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote