View Single Post
Old 02-19-2021, 08:25 PM   #15
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chutzpah View Post
I wish they’d come out with T-tops for the Camaro or Mustang (or similar). My favorite car of all time was my 86 GT with T-tops (for nostalgia sake than anything else) Of course there’s a couple minutes to stow / put back on, but some reason, I didn’t mind the inconvenience.
That would require -actual- trunk space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17rsvert View Post
My first car was a '84 Camaro Sport Coupe V8 with T-tops. I would never go back. Getting out of the car, opening the trunk lid, unlocking the top, removing it, putting in in the pouch, repeating the same on the other side, then strapping the pouch in the trunk could never compare to pushing a single button while driving up to 30 MPH.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
I personally don't mind manually stowing away and putting on the Targa top on my C7 if it means improved structural strength and lighter weight over a soft top. Just comes down to if you lean more towards performance or convenience.

I mean, there are a lot of people who don't even have a sunroof on their Coupes for even better performance.
30 years ago, I owned a small sport coupe. No A/C, so I had an aftermarket sunroof put in. While it was nice to be able to just pop glass into a raised position at the back and then drop it back down to seal it, the really nice part was when I took it completely out.

The car was a hatchback and had straps in the back that were intended to secure cargo. They were perfectly positioned so that I could lay the roof in upside down, slip the strap through the handle attached the to glass, snap the clip pieces of the straps together, and that roof would not move while the car was in motion no matter how hard I drove it.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote