View Single Post
Old 03-30-2015, 09:00 AM   #15
JaxChris

Drives: '16 2SS GD1 MX0 NPP F55 IO6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
I hope this means the curb weight will be 200 lbs less and not like the Mustang where the chassis was lighter but the finished car ended up heavier.
The PR post specifically says "reduce total curb weight for the new Camaro by more than 200 pounds". My curiosity is whether they are referring to each variant from 2015 to 2016 or if only the top model or bottom model has shaved over 200 lbs. Those with the composite suspension members will have the most weight savings, but those probably only come with the heavier/stiffer pistons on the performance variants to keep them highly competitive on paper.

Personal note 1: Looks like the center console will be going to a more traditional affair with a normal center stack in the dash. I think this is a good thing. I'm looking forward to something more ergonomic and easier to customize.

Personal note 2: My fear that Gen6 is going to end up looking like a Scion FR-S competitor have not yet been quelled. I hope it has all been epic misdirect with the front clip, hood and those lights. "Body by Veilside, lights by APC, bred for the '95 Eclipse, now available in American RWD"? ;o(
JaxChris is offline   Reply With Quote