View Single Post
Old 12-13-2017, 09:49 AM   #340
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
That does sound like a winning formula, but it would be a complete shift for this Gen. Currently to get GM performance in a Ford, you have to pay a lot more than GM performance currently costs. The GT350 v 1LE is evidence of that. There is easily a $10K upcharge for the GT350 compared to the equally fast 1LE. I am not saying the GT350 isnt worth its price, thats a convo for another thread. I have a feeling, and the evidence points to the GT500 being $70K+ in base form.

Ford has done some unexpected things in the past, so I admit my logic of basing the future on whats being/been done in this Gen has its flaws. Either way, I think EVERYONE is excited to see what Ford does with the 500 this Gen. It is going to be badass regardless what it costs!!
All depends on what route they go IMO. If they go just after the ZL1, you can bet that it will be in the same price range. Might be a tad higher, might be around the same. I think Ford knows what the price range for these car is.

Again I go to the 350R and Z/28, Ford set the MSRP of the 350R 12k less than the Z/28, it bested it in head to head comparison on same day same track. Had a engine completely unique to it, carbon fiber wheels, and Ford's first use of Magneride suspension. Some pretty high dollar stuff, and they still undercut the car they built it to go against by 12K.

Now why in the next battle do we think they can't offer similar/better performance for the same/similar dollar amount? Why all of sudden is it there is no way they can do it and the car will have to start in the 70s?

If they go my second route then we will see and all bets are off.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(