View Single Post
Old 12-03-2018, 07:26 AM   #613
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
I went to Atco last Saturday.....

The DA was -1,000! (Per Drag Times) But.....

Big Red was slower here.

This was a Saturday T&T and about 25 cars showed up. This was just like a track rental day just like last week. Atco was only open for racing 11-1:30 PM but I easily could have run 20 times. It was tempting But I ran enough runs to get an idea of what Big Red would do on this day on this track. My best was 11.225@126.58.

So the DA for my fastest run yet last week was at +350 DA(Per Drag Times). Wouldn't you think I could match that? Even just MPH? What do I make of this? Is Cecil down hill?

I wish I had logged these runs but I'm lazy I guess.

Anyway it was fun. I raced Snowblind and I couldn't leave early enough to overcome a .75 ET deficit. He was having shifting rev limiter troubles by the end. I suspect this will get more than worked out by next spring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GossipSquirrelJelena View Post
Nice time Mark. That trap speed is legit. Who has better prep. Cecil or Atco?
I am not sure which is better. When Cecil first started running the run off area was damp so we were limited to the 1/8th for a while. For those runs the prep was not good. But they kept working on it and by the time we could run the 1/4 it was good. As for me Big Red hooked great once I got the hang of how much burnout I needed with the DRs.

At Atco with my TT 1LE I could never really leave all out. And in some late fall events running was worthless. But that was on NT555Rs with an M6 and a light switch power curve.

So I expected Saturday to be like that but with the MTs and a little seat time the hook was the same as last week @ Cecil. No spinning. But now I am feeling the GM bog (which some say is not there on Camaro autos). Since I am very familiar with the CA6 M6 GM bog, I am pretty sure it's there. As for my MPH flip flops this is still a mystery. I thought maybe I was letting off on the 1/4 early and I am sure this happened a few times in the past. But on Saturday I did not let off until I saw 130 on the HUD. I also started paying more attention locking my arms on the big end to try and avoid the MT wobble @ 20 lbs. That worked and the car tracked straight on the run off area.

This is probably my last good run of the year.