View Single Post
Old 05-23-2020, 04:30 PM   #8
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
I echo the above recommendations plus an excellent point regarding oil spec!

To the OP and the ZLE poster:
Read the manual and any High Performance Supplement if available (for sure one came with a ZLE) re required break in procedure and track fluid change frequencies when tracking the car. Cars with elsd specifically require diff fluid to be changed after a first track day and then about every 24 hrs of track duty or so. Ditto tranny fluid.
Many here flush all fluids after the break in period is done AND then again after a first track event. Then follow std intervals per the manual. The diff fluid comes out looking like sludge first few times and magnetic plugs catch tons of shavings. So...do NOT wait for a few track days!

OP: your motor and tranny are the same as any NA V8 albeit you may have a regular diff vs elsd ( not positive here). Either way, given your car is 3-4 yrs old...i would absolutely recommend to change ALL fluids ahead of your track event. And then follow std intervals per the manual depending how you use the car. Regular GM fluids as listed in the manual are just fine for any track duty (that's what i use).

Hope this helps, cheers!
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote