View Single Post
Old 06-27-2019, 10:03 PM   #21
Gbland60

Drives: 2015 z28 Black w/ac #645
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Raging_Bull View Post
Hallett Motor Racing Circuit is a 1.8 mile, 10 turn Road Racing course in the rolling Osage Hills of North Eastern Oklahoma. It is located 35 miles west of Tulsa, Oklahoma, at the Highway 99 exit of the Cimarron Turnpike.

I have yet to drive it, but I've watched a friend in his 3/4 scale car tearing it up, as well as Eddie Hill in his Ariel Atom. Seems like you can hit 140 to 150 in 4 to 5 sessions/day at 20 to 25 minutes/session, which I thought worked pretty well. Everybody gets checked out prior to running, and you need to have a helmet. Seems like I remember the Vette Set in Tulsa did a track day with 20 folks at $150 each. I'd be game for the meet there - its ideal for me. (I'm in Corvette Friends of Oklahoma now.)

Heartland Motorsports in Topeka KS (west of Kansas City) is like a 3 hr 45 min drive north of Tulsa-221 miles. I'll ask club members about the Kansas track, to see if anyone has driven it and their impressions. I just think you'll have more folks come if a get-together was planned closer to the middle of the country. I know I will. Another thing about timing, from July to December, Oklahoma is generally pretty dry, so the chances for a wet day for the meet are reduced. Typically the grass goes a little golden from lack of water down here inthe summer and fall LOL. All the rain this year is really unusual.
Im down for it. I bought my car to drive it . Ain't worried about miles. But i DEFINITELY don't drive in the rain.
Gbland60 is offline   Reply With Quote