Thread: 2021 Mustang
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2020, 11:14 PM   #92
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by s346k View Post
you don't race other cars much, do you? your car would need an extra couple hundred hp (and traction) to put several cars on a gt350 from 40-85. unless of course the other guy can't drive, in which case...yes. youll gap that thing every time.

i'm not saying your car isn't fast. i'm saying you aren't racing the right people. even when i race cars that make 100 more whp than i do, they don't put several lengths on me by 85, especially from a roll.
His car has the A10. So the only way I could see his story being true is if the guy in the Shelby isn't selecting the correct gear. Or if the Shelby's tires are trash. Because 40-85 should not be enough room to have several car lengths on a car with less weight, more power, and CF wheels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho2018GTPremium View Post
Well, the hp numbers may be a little high, but like I said, those were the MAF readings from my car's computer stock vs. bolt ons. My car feels noticeably stronger in the midrange and the high rpms compared to stock. To feel it like that, there's gotta be more than a 10-15 hp difference overall.

If the acceleration times aren't as accurate as a track timer then so be it. To me the important thing is I have multiple runs that show similar improvements from stock to bolt ons, so at least there's a trend in the right direction.
Again, MAF numbers are not dyno numbers. You did not gain that much power from just a ported TB, ported IM, catback, and drop in air filter. And you are not at 485 HP to the wheels without a tune and LTs at the least. The mods you have are probably good for a handful of power at best. Maybe 10 to the wheels. And I highly doubt you added 3 tenths to your 0-60. Most likely you drove the car better that day and got better results. The only way to know what you have is to get it on a dyno and get it to the track.

Not for nothing, but do you say this stuff over on the Mustang forums? Do you tell them that your ported IM/TB, catback, and drop in filter has you at 485 RWHP based on MAF readings and that you're gapping GT350s by several car lengths from 40-85 rolls? How do they reply to that? Just curious.

Last edited by BlaqWhole; 10-26-2020 at 11:31 PM.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote