View Single Post
Old 03-15-2019, 08:28 PM   #222
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
I realized after a comment I had made, as to who this car was aimed at that I wouldn't buy it myself, I began to wonder why and why not? My conclusion was that it was just a bit too soft as far as body lines. So I've been reworking things to give it a bit more edge, and a more substantial presence.

There are a LOT of changes on this version. I lowered the roof an inch; widened the cabin a couple of inches; reworked the entire front end. The part above the body seam is okay, but the front below the seam still needs some work. I put a 1 inch ridge along the top of the entire body side from front to back to literally give it some edge. I made a lot of adjustments to the back, including adding a ducktail to the upper part that's part of the body itself; not an add-on spoiler. I also noticed that at some point somehow I managed to increase the size of the exhaust pipes to be 3.3 inches. Don't have any idea how or when that happened. Obviously that's a ridiculous size pipe for a turbo 4 or 6, and that wouldn't even be on an 8. I resized them down to 2.75 inches which is much more realistic.

I made the overall stance of the car look a little more "down to the ground". The front grille area is hard to show in a picture, but the area at the bottom of the grille extends outward a good amount. I pulled the top of the grille area back quite a bit. I'm still deciding what to do about headlights; I just have one stuck in there for reference. I still have more work to do on the lower front, including brake cooling ducts.

I like this version better. Has the appearance of more substance to it. The ducktail on the back is a toss-up. What do you guys think? Too much? Not enough? Too retro?

Attachment 978698
Attachment 978699
Attachment 978700
Attachment 978701
I just noticed it has Camaro badge on the side.
Since your talking about it being a new Pony car you need to come up with a name